8 Steps to Get Your Beach Body Ready for Summer
Summer is usually the time of year when people start to worry about how they will look in a swimsuit. While losing weight is a real worry for some people, it doesn’t have to be something to lose sleep over. The equation for a toned body is simply to gain muscle and lose fat. Sounds easy, but can be hard for some people. If you’re looking to look great in a swimsuit this summer, here are 8 steps to get your beach body ready for summer.
1. Cut Back on Carbs To Lose Weight – Everyone loves carbs. But when it comes to weight loss, they really aren’t your friend. Since you’ll want your body to start burning fat instead of carbs for energy, you’ll want to cut back on the pasta, bread and pastries. Here are helpful guidelines to help you manage your carb intake.
2. Eat Protein, Vegetables and Healthy Fats – Each meal should contain a protein, low-carb vegetable and a fat source. This will help you stay satisfied, away from carbs and help you get in shape for that swimsuit.
3. Lifting Weights To Lose Weight – Lifting weights three times a week will help you burn calories and keep your metabolism sky high. Before you lift weights, make sure you warm up and give yourself a good stretch afterwards.
4. Cardio is Your Friend! It Is The Best Way To Lose Weight - There’s no way around it; if you want to lose weight, you’ll have to do some cardio. Aerobic activity requires fat to be used as the primary fuel source. But keep in mind that for weight loss, some types of cardio are better than others. Running, walking, rowing and cycling are all good aerobic options for losing weight.
5. Interval Training & Workouts To Lose Weight - Interval training is exercising at different speeds to vary the intensity of the workout. For example, if you are running, you would sprint 30 seconds and walk two minutes. There are many workouts you can find that apply this strategy. This cycle is repeated several times. Interval training improves your ability to do aerobics and keeps you in better shape. It also keeps you burning calories long after you stop your workout.
6. Drink More Water, It will help lose weight fast! If you’re trying to lose weight fast, it’s important to stay hydrated. In fact, drinking around eight glasses of water a day will actually help your body get rid of excess water weight and bloat. Water can get boring, so here are some ideas to spruce it up.
7. Focus on Your Abs – Making sure your core is strong is essential for a beach body. When it comes to developing great abs, look beyond just doing crunches. Exercise moves like planks, side planks and straight-arm planks are all great moves to help tone your core.
8. Detox - What foods to eat to lose weight – A detox can help you trim a few pounds and reduce bloat. To detox, make sure you’re not starving yourself but feeding your body plenty of raw vegetables and fruits. They can help remove toxins and essentially scrub your body clean. Learn more about detoxing here.
While getting your body swimsuit ready may seem overwhelming, it can be done by following the above steps. Once you have toned up, the next step is to find trunks or a swimsuit that really flatter your body. Then you’re ready for a summer in the sun!