If you’ve been reading and listening to what the fashion magazines are saying about the latest trends in casual / sporty clothing, the word you hear over and over is French Terry. I bet you’re wondering what all the hype is about…Well, I’m here to tell you what makes this fabric so awesome and why you’ll want to start wearing it immediately, if you haven’t already.
French Terry is a knit fabric that features loops and soft piles of yarn on the inside of the fabric which results in a very absorbent, moisture wicking material. It is heavier than a t-shirt, but lighter than most sweatshirts and has a good amount of stretch which is very comfortable to wear.
Now that you’ve seen it, you’re probably saying, “Hmm….I think I have some sweatshirts in my closet that look like this.” French Terry has been around since the 1980’s!
It’s made a major comeback because of these top 5 reasons:
- Superior Comfort – features soft piles of yarn on the inside of the clothing that is super comfy next to you skin.
- Keeps You Cool & Dry – moisture wicking properties draw sweat away from your body while working out or on warm sunny days keeping you cool and dry during all activities.
- Perfect Layering Piece – it’s heavier than a t-shirt, but lighter than a sweatshirt making it the perfect layering piece all year long.
- Provides Flexibility – French Terry has a good amount of stretch in the fabric that provides flexibility and comfort during activities like yoga, working out or just lounging around.
- It’s Customizable – you can add your own design or logo on any of our French Terry apparel to create a one-of-a-kind look.
Here in Miami Style we have amazing products made of our French Terry thick Cotton Blend with an amazing feel. We use this blend on some of our long sleeve styles, our super soft French terry capris and jogging pants.